Thursday, July 25, 2013

My teenage life

After I quit high school, I went to work for my dad. He owned a motorcycle accessories shop. He specialized in Honda Gold Wing parts.

It was an exciting time of my life. We traveled around the South Eastern United States, going to motorcycle rally's. I developed some really great relationships with adults. I didn't feel like a teenager. I felt like an adult.

And I was highly attracted to men. As embarrassing as it is to me now, I was a young, impressionable teenager. A lonely teenager, still wanting a boy to want and love me. I threw myself at the men. Luckily for me, they were all really decent men and no one took me up on my offers. My eyes roll now just thinking about my behavior.

I'm trying to figure out where all of that came from. What drove my loneliness? Why did I feel that I needed a mans attention? Why wasn't I happy just being me?

No comments:

Post a Comment